Christine M. Conley
Christine M. Conley
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Social Security
Attorney Conley graduated from Bay Path University with a B.A. in Legal Studies. She immediately went on to law school at Western New England University in Springfield, Mass., where she earned her Juris Doctorate in 2007. During law school, she was a law clerk representing injured members of the American Postal Workers Union. Thereafter, she worked as an assistant clerk at Hartford Superior Court and subsequently relocated to New London County, gaining employment with Murphy and Beane, a firm specializing in Workers' Compensation defense of large self-insured corporations.
Attorney Conley has experience in Worker's Compensation and Personal Injury, representing both plaintiffs and defendants. For greater than the past 10 years, she has continued to concentrate her practice in the areas of workers' compensation and personal injury litigation.
She represents injured workers throughout state workers' compensation, Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act and at the Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun casinos. She is well versed in workers' compensation law and has practiced in State, Federal and Tribal courts. Additionally, Attorney Conley represents injured victims of motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, and dog bites. She handles all phases of these cases, from initial client interview to trial. She serves as an arbitrator of personal injury matters in the New London Superior Court.
Attorney Conley is licensed to practice law in the state of Connecticut State and Appellate Courts, State of Connecticut Workers' Compensation Commission, United States Department of Labor Office of Administrative Law Judges, Mashantucket Pequot Compensation Commission and Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court. She is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association, the New London County Bar Association, and Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
She is a Connecticut Board Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist and member of the Executive Committee of the Worker's Compensation Section.
In November of 2016, Attorney Conley was elected as the State Representative for the 40th Assembly District, which covers parts of Groton and Ledyard.
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Honors: Law Alumni Endowment Fund Scholarship
- Honors: Katherine M. Connell Scholarship
- Honors: Deans List
- Honors: CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® for Labor Law and Consumer Protection
- Bay Path College, Longmeadow, Massachusetts
- B.S. - 2004
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Lambda Epsilon Chi
- Honors: Maroon Key Honor Society
- Major: Legal Studies
- Minor: History
- Connecticut, 2007
- Embry Neusner Arscott and Shafner, Groton, CT, Attorney, 2019 – Present
- State Representative, District 40 Groton and Ledyard, Representative, 2016 – Present
- Law Office of Lori M. Comforti, Norwich, CT, Attorney, 2009 to 2019
- Murphy and Beane, New London, CT, Associate, 2007 to 2009
- American Postal Workers Union, Springfield, MA, Workers Compensation Program Representative, 2005 to 2007
- Hartford Superior Court, Hartford, CT, Temporary Assistant Clerk, 2005 to 2006
- American Association for Justice
- Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Connecticut Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist